Clothing Recycling – Available for residents in all RRRASOC member communities
Clothing and textiles are 100% recyclable, but 85% still ends up in landfills.
Learn more at www.weardonaterecycle.org
Review this guide to Selling, Donating and Recycling Old Clothing
Information on denim recycling
Residents in all RRRASOC member communities (Farmington, Farmington Hills, Milford Township, Novi, South Lyon, Southfield, Village of Milford, Walled Lake and Wixom) can recycle unwanted clothing, shoes, accessories and other household discards such as kitchenware, tools, toys and books, with a free, residential curbside pickup service on the same day as the weekly, recycling pick-up service.
In cooperation with participating communities and RRRASOC, Simple Recycling provides an easy, free and convenient way to keep this 100% recyclable and reusable material out of landfills.
Simple, Easy and Free Program Steps:
- Step 1: Schedule a pickup by completing the form below or by calling 866-835-5068.
- Step 2: Place clothing, shoes and small household items that you no longer need in any waterproof bag(s) or box(es) clearly marked SIMPLE RECYCLING.
- Step 3: Leave the clearly marked bag(s) or box(es) on your front porch or in front of your garage door by 7:30 a.m. on your scheduled pickup day and Simple Recycling will collect them and recycle their contents for reuse!
This program is in addition to your current recycling program. Your recycling cart / bin collection will remain the same.
Simple Recycling is focused on clothing and textile recycling, but they are able to take any small household goods in working condition, too.
- Men’s Clothing
- Children’s Clothing
- Women’s Clothing
- Bedding (sheets, pillow cases, blankets, comforters)
- Belts & Ties
- Coats & Jackets
- Fashion Accessories
- Halloween costumes
- Handbags & Purses
- Pet beds & clothing
- Shoes & Slippers (in pairs)
- Socks (single or in pairs)
- Stuffed Animals
- Table Linens
Residents who live in communities not serviced by the Simple Recycling program are encouraged to donate unwanted clothing to their favorite charity or thrift shop. RRRASOC provides a list of local organizations, including those that offer pickup.